Monday, June 28, 2010

Introduction to State Change

We tend to live our lives with a sense of certainty. Every waking moment and every gasping breath has some significance to us as beings.

State Change is essentially an experiment. It's definitely an experiment for the authors, for me personally, for the exciting world of fast-paced philosophical blogging. Instead of taking sides on an issue, my purpose is to decipher why issues have sides, how people are drawn to taking those sides from internal and external forces, and try to come up with some rational argument for or against something based on evidence presented.

I am a left-brained writer with a logical imagination. My world is personally divided into subchunks of reality; everything I read and hear has to go through specific channels to decipher its validity. I hope that after you read a few of the posts on this site, you will be able to do the same yourself. There are very obvious topics that this can and will cover, like religion or politics, and some very different ones that may not be so obvious, like mathematics and fractal theory, evolution, social order, sports, or even world culture.

Today was a good day for this to start. At 8:06am, I sat calmly on a tall black stool sipping freshly brewed coffee. It was a rather ordinary day. But, as consciousness would have it, I wasn't so much consciously drinking my coffee. Had I been drinking anything consciously ever in my life? People drink things for all sorts of different reasons, and they usually never read blogs about drinking or conscious or subconscious drinking habits. This morning it was different. I was taking a drink of my coffee whenever a certain time period had passed, it was the time it took for my mouth to cool down from the previous drink; for the time when the taste of the sugar and the cream completely left my mouth. We live a life of subconsciousness well beyond the world of consciousness we wish we lived. It was the first time in my life I really took a long drink and thought about why I was taking a long drink.

My wife and I purchased a new set of dressers for our bedroom the night before this drinking occurred. My mind can never take things at face value anymore, everything has a context for different species, different levels, different worlds. It's as though the entire universe is a large fractal and whatever parts we indulge as humans has a component for these other species, levels, and worlds. I like to think of buying new dressers like looking at a beehive; little convenient locations in my domicile to conveniently store little things. I like to think that aliens on other planets have dressers, at least however they store things, and maybe they have to consciously or subconsciously collect the dressers with their own mating partners as well.

I will write a post about aliens in the future, so try not to discredit everything I already wrote because you disagree with something like that.

I am contributing to this blog because it is extremely important for self-aware matter to understand its consciousness and subconsciousness. I personally do not have all of the answers to life's little mysteries, but this blog may be a catalyst for something greater. If you feel like commenting on one of the posts, do so with open eyes and open ears, do so knowing that you may have to challenge one of your assumptions in order to fully understand and appreciate the world around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment